For Czech study programs. For studying in English click below.
Applicants for bachelor (Bc.) studies at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of West Bohemia (FEE) are admitted without an entrance examination after assessing the results of their secondary school studies and any other activities until the expected number of students is fulfilled.
Conditions for admission
- secondary education completed by the final exam,
- filing a correctly completed application, including the required annexes,
- payment of an administrative fee for the admission procedure,
- compliance with the admission criteria.
Application for study
- electronically at eprihlaska.zcu.cz,
- fill in required data,
- enclose the following annexes (in PDF format - rules):
- summary of secondary school grades – Transcript of record (with the averages given for each year),
- a school-leaving certificate; in the case of a final exam passed abroad, a certificate on recognition of foreign education or confirmation of foreign education according to Dean’s Decree „Assessment of foreign education for the purposes of the admission procedure to the study programs of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the University of West Bohemia“,
- in the case of foreigners applying to study in Czech language, a certificate of completion of Czech language examination at B1 level according to CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) - CCE (Certified Exam in Czech for Foreigners) or Examination of the Institute of Applied Language Studies of the University of West Bohemia; this does not apply to Slovak citizens and secondary school graduates who studied in Czech,
- in the case of applicants applying to study in English, a certificate of completion of the English language examination at B1 level (TOEIC, IELTS, FCE, ECL, TOEFL, PTE, Duolingo) - does not apply to applicants whose native language is English and secondary school graduates with a degree program in English (confirmation from secondary school required),
- documents demonstrating activities for which bonus points can be earned.
- a medical certificate is not requested,
- the applicant has the right to state in the application form that he/she is a person with specific educational needs,
- in exceptional cases it is possible to submit a paper application - do not forget to sign it.
Rules for attachments to Bc. study at FEE:
- Electronically (preferred)
- Scan the originals of the required documents to PDF and upload them when submitting the e-application in step 2, section Upload files required for you field of study.
- If you do not yet have attachments available at the time of application, you can upload them later.
- Choose appropriate file names to make attachments easy to identify.
- Attachments can be uploaded individually or combined into a single file.
- To upload attachments, use the Browse... button at the bottom of the page.
- Confirm the upload of the file by clicking Save file.
- Uploading attachments must be done by the deadlines.
- A maximum of 12 files can be uploaded.
- By post
- copy the originals of the required documents.
- send copies to our faculty address: Study Office of FEE UWB in Pilsen, Ing. Jana Čečilová, Univerzitní 26, 301 00, Plzeň.
- copy the originals of the required documents.
- go to the Study Office - 1st floor, office No. EU211 - Ing. Jana Čečilová
Payment of the administrative fee
- The administrative fee for admission procedure is 500 CZK = 20 EUR = 22 USD.
- The fee can be paid by bank transfer, cash at a bank or at the UWB cash desk, or by postal order.
- Information on the bank transfer:
- BIC SWIFT: KOMBCZPPXXX
- bank code: 0100
- IBAN - CZK: CZ8101000000004811530257
- IBAN - EUR: CZ0401000000004845500267
- IBAN - USD: CZ3201000000004845490257
- variable symbol: 2275000121
- specific symbol: generated number for the application in the case of an electronically filed application or the applicant's birth number without a slash in the case of a paper application.
- Proof of payment is required only for applications made on paper.
Criterion for admission
Applicants are admitted for study according to rank order starting with the highest score, i.e. the rank list of candidates in descending order of scores, according to the Dean's decree.
The ranking of the candidates is determined on the basis of the B score given by the equation:
B = ( 400 / (Ø1+Ø2+Ø3+Ø4) ) + Z
- Ø1, Ø2, Ø3, Ø4 are the last four annual average grades from the secondary school completed; these are always the average grades for the second semester; if the candidate has not completed the last year, the average grade for the first semester of the last year will be used;
and Z is the sum of bonus (special) points that can be earned for the following activities:
- 10 points – at least once in the last three years the applicant has been a successful participant in the regional or national round of the Mathematics or Physics Olympics organized by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports and placed at least third,
- 10 points – in the current year, the candidate ranks among the best 70% (i.e. the percentile > 30) in the results of the National Comparative Examination (SCIO) in Mathematics or General Study Prerequisites,
- 5 points – at least once in the last three years, the applicant has been a successful participant in the Mathematics or Physics Olympics organized by the secondary school and placed at least third,
- 5 points – the candidate achieved a score of at least 50% in the regional round of the Logic Olympics organized by "Mensa" in the Czech Republic and placed at least third,
- 5 points – the applicant participated in the Technical Olympics of the Pilsen Region at least once in the last three years.
Admission procedure dates - second round
Deadline for submitting an application until 15 August 2021
Deadline for submitting the required annexes to the application until 15 August 2021
Deadline for payment of the administrative fee until 15 August 2021
Deadline for verification of the admission procedure requirements for programs taught in Czech 24 August 2021