For Czech study programs. For studying in English click below.
Applicants for follow-up master (NMgr.) studies at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of West Bohemia (FEE) are admitted without an entrance examination after assessing the results of their previous university studies and any other activities until the expected number of students is fulfilled.
Conditions for admission
- full completion of university studies in any type of study programme,
- filing a fully completed application, including the required annexes,
- payment of the administrative fee for the admission procedure,
- compliance with the admission criteria.
Application for study
- electronically at eprihlaska.zcu.cz,
- fill in required data,
- enclose the following annexes (in PDF format - rules):
- list of completed courses with the total weighted study average for previous university studies, confirmed by the relevant university,
- university diploma; in the case of higher education undertaken abroad, the decision on recognition of foreign education or confirmation of foreign education according to Dean’s Decree „Assessment of foreign education for the purposes of the admission procedure to the study programs of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the University of West Bohemia”,
- in the case of foreigners applying for study in Czech language, a certificate of completion of the Czech language examination at B1 level according to CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) - CCE (Certified Exam in Czech for Foreigners) or Examination of the Institute of Applied Language Studies at the University of West Bohemia; this does not apply to Slovak citizens and graduates of secondary schools or universities with a study program in the Czech language,
- in the case of applicants wishing to study in English, a certificate of completion of the English language examination at B1 level (TOEIC, IELTS, FCE, ECL, TOEFL, PTE, Duolingo) - does not apply to applicants whose native language is English and graduates of secondary schools or universities with a study program in the English language (confirmation from secondary school required),
- documents demonstrating activities for which bonus points can be earned.
- a medical certificate is not requested,
- the applicant has the right to state in the application form that he/she is a person with specific educational needs,
- in exceptional cases it is possible to submit a paper application - do not forget to sign it.
Rules for attachments to master study at FEE
- Electronically (preferred)
- Scan the originals of the required documents to PDF and upload them when submitting the e-application in step 2, section Upload files required for you field of study.
- If you do not yet have attachments available at the time of application, you can upload them later.
- Choose appropriate file names to make attachments easy to identify.
- Attachments can be uploaded individually or combined into a single file.
- To upload attachments, use the Browse... button at the bottom of the page.
- Confirm the upload of the file by clicking Save file.
- Uploading attachments must be done by the deadlines.
- A maximum of 12 files can be uploaded.
- By post
- copy the originals of the required documents.
- send copies to our faculty address: Study Office of FEE UWB in Pilsen, Ing. Jana Čečilová, Univerzitní 26, 301 00, Plzeň.
- copy the originals of the required documents.
- go to the Study Office - 1st floor, office No. EU211 - Ing. Jana Čečilová
Payment of the administrative fee
- The administrative fee for admission procedure is 500 CZK = 20 EUR = 22 USD.
- The fee can be paid by bank transfer, cash at a bank or at the UWB cash desk, or by postal order.
- Information on the bank transfer:
- BIC SWIFT: KOMBCZPPXXX
- bank code: 0100
- IBAN - CZK: CZ8101000000004811530257
- IBAN - EUR: CZ0401000000004845500267
- IBAN - USD: CZ3201000000004845490257
- variable symbol: 2275000121
- specific symbol: generated number for the application in the case of an electronically filed application or the applicant's birth number without a slash in the case of a paper application.
- Proof of payment is required only for applications made on paper.
Criterion for admission
Applicants for study are admitted according to rank order, starting with the best, i.e. the list of candidates is ranked in descending order of scores, according to the Dean's decree.
The rank of the candidates is determined by the B score calculated by the equation:
B = 100 / VSP + Z
- VSP is the weighted study average for previously completed university studies,
and Z is the sum of bonus (special) points that can be granted for the following activities:
- 10 points – the applicant has participated at least once in the last three years in the nationwide competition in the field of electrical engineering (e.g. SVOČ - Student Research and Professional Activity) and placed at least third,
- 5 points – the applicant has participated at least once in the last three years in a competition announced by the University in the field of electrical engineering (e.g. SVOČ - Student Research and Professional Activity) and placed at least third.
Admission procedure dates - second round
Deadline for submitting the application until 15 August 2021
Deadline for submitting the required annexes to the application until 15 August 2021
Deadline for payment of the administrative fee until 15 August 2021
Deadline for documenting the total weighted study average for university studies until 15 August 2021
Deadline for verification of the admission procedure requirements for programs taught in Czech 24 August 2021